Directions: It is important that you provide answers in your own words. Please focus only on information from the text/eBook to create your own solutions. Please do not use direct information from an outside source (especially copying and pasting from an “answer” website). Use of direct information from an outside source is against school policy. All answers will be checked for plagiarism. Instances of plagiarism can result in probation or possible dismissal from the school.
Grading: Please be sure to follow all guidelines (number of sentences/showing all calculations) and to provide the correct metric units of measure. It is important for you to observe the number of sentences, when …show more content…
7. When a wave crosses a surface at an angle from one medium into another, why does it change directions as it moves across the boundary into the new medium? Use 3 – 4 complete sentences in your own words to explain.
8. Suppose a piano tuner hears 2 beats/second when listening to the combined sound from the tuning fork and the piano note being tuned. After slightly loosening the string, she hears 1 beat/second. Should she continue to loosen the string or tighten it in order to get it “in tune”? Defend your answer with 3 – 4 complete sentences.
9. What conditions must exist for a converging lens to produce a real image of an object that is larger than the object itself? Please respond with 3 - 4 complete sentences.
10. Suppose the thickness of an oil film on water is just the right thickness for canceling red light. What color will your eye see? Explain using 3 – 4 complete sentences.
11. A hard-rubber or plastic comb rubbed against wool can often be shown to have a static charge. Why does a metal comb not readily show a static charge when rubbed against wool? Use 3 – 4 complete sentences in your answer.
12. Two electrically-charges spheres are suspended from insulated threads a certain distance from each other. There