Nrs 427v All Week Discussions Essay
NRS 427 Week 1 DQ1
What is your idea of a healthy community? Provide specific examples. What do healthy communities have in common? How would you provide care for a community if your idea of a healthy community does not match your community's definition of a healthy community? NRS 427 Week 1 DQ2
Consider the different communities to which you belong:
1. What is the geopolitical community in you live? Why is it geopolitical?
2. What is a phenomenological community to which you belong? Why is it a phenomenological community?
3. What would some challenges and benefits be for community health nurses in providing …show more content…
1. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Global Health website: http://www.cdc.gov/cogh/index.htm
2. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Global Health website: http://www.globalhealth.gov/index.html
3. Families USA - Why Global Health Matters—Here and Abroad website: http://www.familiesusa.org/
4. World Health Organization (WHO) website: http://www.who.int
NRS 427 Week 3 DQ 1
What is the difference between a group "at risk" for poor health and a group considered a "vulnerable" population? Provide an example of a group at risk and a group considered a vulnerable population.
1. Explain why members of these groups cannot advocate for themselves or why advocating for these groups would be beneficial
1. What would you advocate for?
NRS 427 Week 3 DQ 2
How can community health nurses apply the strategies of cultural competence to their practice? Provide at least one example from each of the following four strategies: cultural preservation, cultural accommodation, cultural repatterning, and cultural brokering. What is a possible barrier to applying the strategy/example chosen? Use an example that is different than the postings of other students.
NRS 427 Week 4 DQ 1
What is your evaluation of the