Business Communication Essay
The Detailed study Of The Business Communication has Been Submitted To The IIBM Institute Of Business Management
Section A: Objective Type & Short Questions
1. __________is an essential function of Business Organizations:
d. None of the above
2. Physiological Barriers of listening are:
a. Hearing impairment
b. Physical conditions
d. All of the above
3. Which presentation tend to make you speak more quickly than usual:
c. Both „a‟ and „b‟ …show more content…
3. Consideration - Consideration implies “stepping into the shoes of others”. Effective communication must take the audience into consideration, i.e, the audience’s view points, background, mind-set, education level, etc. Make an attempt to envisage your audience, their requirements, emotions as well as problems. Ensure that the self-respect of the audience is maintained and their emotions are not at harm. Modify your words in message to suit the audience’s needs while making your message complete. Features of considerate communication are as follows:
Emphasize on “you” approach.
Empathize with the audience and exhibit interest in the audience. This will stimulate a positive reaction from the audience.
Show optimism towards your audience. Emphasize on “what is possible” rather than “what is impossible”. Lay stress on positive words such as jovial, committed, thanks, warm, healthy, help, etc.
4. Clarity - Clarity implies emphasizing on a specific message or goal at a time, rather than trying to achieve too much at once. Clarity in communication has following features:
It makes understanding easier.
Complete clarity of thoughts and ideas enhances the meaning of message.
Clear message makes use of exact, appropriate and concrete words.
5. Concreteness - Concrete communication implies being particular and clear rather than fuzzy and general. Concreteness strengthens the confidence. Concrete message